- THE PURPOSE OF THIS GUIDE IS TO DIGEST AND DETACH BIOLOGICAL DEPOSITS FROM DRAUGHT BEER TAPS. It has been clearly demonstrated that high levels of biofilm affects the taste, appearance, head retention and ‘pourability’ of draught beer. Biofilm grows quickly within the taps as they are sitting in ambient temperature, it is also the entry point for the biofilm to enter the beer line. Clean taps are a critical component for high quality tap beer.
- CONSULT THE SDS PRIOR TO USING MAXI-ENZYME A detailed SOP for beer line cleaning is also available on our website for further information.
- PPE & OHS REQUIREMENTS
- Protective gloves & safety eyewear should be worn.
- Do not to breathe the spray or have product splash around mouth/face.
- REMOVE TAPS AND PLACE IN A SUITABLE CONTAINER. We recommend selecting a container/s size like a wine ice bucket, for ease of use. Also place all tap beer brushes and/or plugs into the container too, as these are great structures for biofilm (bacteria) to grow on. You can also unscrew the back shaft off the tap for great results, we recommend this is done at least once a month.
- ADD HOT WATER (DIRECT FROM TAP) INTO CONTAINER. Add sufficient hot water so tap section (below the base of the handle) is completely submerged if the taps are standing upright in the container. We recommend using a measuring jug or a known vessel volume such as pint glass (if safe to do so) or similar, to determine the required dilution of Maxi-Enzyme.
- ADD 20ML OF MAXI-ENZYME PER 1L OF HOT WATER INTO CONTAINER.
- USING A TAP BRUSH, SCRUB ALL AREAS OF THE TAP AND PLACE BACK INTO CONTAINER.
- REST TAPS FOR A MINIMUM OF 30 MINUTES, LONGER IS OK AS IT IS NON-CORROSIVE. Many clients of ours will soak the taps overnight and the morning shift will finalise the cleaning process.
- CLEAN BAR FONT FITTINGS Whilst the taps are resting, we recommend cleaning the cliplok fittings on the tap beer font, using a tap brush and a toothbrush if available. Rinse thoroughly with potable water (cold is ok) afterwards, suggest using a pint glass or similar.
- UPON COMPLETION OF MINIMUM REST TIME, RINSE TAPS & BRUSHES THOROUGHLY. If safe to do so (with gloves on), pour the diluted contents down the drain whilst keeping the taps within the container. Then set container under running tap of cold water so to flush thoroughly, continue for approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until there is no visible foam bubbles on the water surface, which can indicate the existence of enzymes.
- REINSTALL TAPS
- CONTINUE ON A REGULAR BASIS, WE RECOMMEND NOT LONGER THAN WEEKLY.
Should any Maxi-Enzyme Beer Line Cleaning Solution splash onto the skin or clothing it should be washed off promptly with water and clothes washed before wearing again. If irritation occurs seek medical advice.
Whilst all care has been taken in the preparation of this document it is supplied as a guide only and does not replace local, state, or federal government requirements relating to the care and maintenance of Draught Beer Lines.